Monday, August 25, 2014

Back to the Butterflies

After a lovely anniversary getaway celebration,
to Lake Michigan,
I am ready to blog again.
Today I will show you how I created those butterflies that I added to the layout on the last post.


I started by inking up some cardstock using our new colors.
Glacier
Canary
Pixie
Thistle


I tried two different techniques.
On the left side samples.  I inked up one of our 3 x 3 clear acrylic blocks
using two ink colors.
Then I spritzed with water, using a spray pen.
Then I pressed it into the White Daisy cardstock.
On the right side samples,
I transferred the ink to a craft mat.
I am excited that CTMH is now carrying this product.
I have not ordered mine YET, so I used my TH mat.
I just touched the ink pad, starting with the lightest color, to the mat.
You can do that because our stamp pads have a raised bed.
Then I spritzed with water, using the spray pen.
I took placed the cardstock on the mat and moved it around slightly.
I really liked this effect better.
I let these pieces dry.
Then I stamped them with our butterfly stamps from the
"Your Own Kind of Wonderful" stamp set.


Then I fussy-cut each one so I could add them to my layout.

It took awhile to cut but I think it was worth it.  I will be trying this inky technique with some 
fall leaf stamps next.
Have a great week!

4 comments:

canadian_liner said...

Great technique and awesome layout, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Audrey Pettit said...

What great techniques, Lynn! The soft watercolor look is amazing!

Unknown said...

So pretty, Lynn!

Unknown said...

Very very nice Lynn! Not quite sure how you did it but you always create crazy beautiful things!!!