Saturday, August 15, 2015

Rose Blossom Blog Hop: Artistry


It is mid-month and that means time for another
Rose Blossom Blog Hop!
This time we are featuring the new
See yesterday's post for all the details on what is included in this collection.
Tonight's blog hop is all about artwork using this amazing new cartridge.
The complete hop list can be found at Brenda's blog
Not only is it blog hop day, it is my sweet daughter's birthday!
I started out wanting to create a birthday-themed layout but as I was flipping through the cartridge handbook I decided to go a different route.
Here is my 12 x 12 layout.


Honestly, I just started cutting using some of the different function keys and played.
It was so much fun!
I will list the supplies I used, with links, at the bottom of the post.
I started with the background cut (the triangle cut out piece).
Then I added the title, banner, and border.
The border and background cuts are my favorite in this cartridge!
Yet, there are so many wonderful shapes like this butterfly.
The sentiment stamp also comes with the collection.
If you follow along on this hop you are sure to be inspired by my team-mates.
I cannot wait to hop myself!
The next stop on the hop is the blog of my friend Shelly
You are sure to see more than just one pretty piece!
Thanks for joining us.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful daughter!I love your background and all the pretty butterflies. Fabulous display of the Artistry cartridge!!!!

Morgan Vogt said...

This is such a great example of how just playing and having fun can allow you to create something beautiful - I absolutely love it!

Brenda said...

Every detail about this page is absolutely perfectly placed. However, what I love the very most is that sweet picture of your daughter. Even with all the diecuts and embellishment, she remained the star of the page. Such a pleasure to see your work!

Kristine Porter said...

What a beautiful layout, Lynn! I love the cricut cuts, the colors, patterns and the lovely photo of your daughter! It all works together so well. Just perfect!

Unknown said...

Beautiful layout, featuring a beautiful girl. I love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, this is so cool and SO pretty, Lynn! I love the kraft background and the trail of butterflies, and those triangle cut outs are just so, so, so fun! Love how you anchored tings with that spotty polka dotty washi tape, too!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work Lynn. I love the details and how you made your lovely daughter the center of your artwork. So pretty!

Wild Bluebonnets said...

So, so pretty!!

Barbara said...

Wonderful layout! It has great balance!